Conservation of historic buildings held under private ownership is not compulsory under current legal framework. However, even owners are willing to conserve and restore their properties, and if possible, revitalise them into cultural landmarks voluntarily, many technical challenges arising from the conservation project often hold them back.
Further to the great success of a series of public education events organised by the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors in the "Maintenance and Appreciation of Historical Buildings" project, funded by the Built Heritage Conservation Fund of Development Bureau, the Heritage Forum will be held in June. Experts in architectural, surveying and conservation sectors will share with us their valuable experience and knowledge in historical buildings conservation. In addition, there will be a panel discussion and Q&A session in which case studies of historic buildings maintenance in Hong Kong will be discussed.
Experts in architectural, surveying and conservation sectors, including:
- Ir Eric P W CHAN, Director of EPC Engineering Consultant Ltd.
- Ir Dr CHAN Wai-tai, Director of W Consultants Limited
- Sr Idi CHAN, Fellow Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors
- Mr FUNG Wai-keung, Director of Kam Wui Decoration Limited, Vice-Chairman of Historic Building Conservation Association, Part Time Instructor of Construction Industry Council
- Mr Ivan HO Chi-ching, Conservation specialist
- Mr Ben LO Yu-bun, Chief Assistant Secretary (Works) 2, Development Bureau, HKSAR Government
- Mr Daniel MA, Chairman of Historic Building Conservation Association
- Ms WONG Lai-yin Idy, Head of Sustainable Living and Agriculture at the Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden Corporation
(In alphabetical order of surnames)
Date & Time
2021 Jun 29 Tue
2:00PM - 5:45PM